It’s a question that’s becoming more and more relevant: should I turn off comments on my blog? While you might be looking for a cut and dry answer, the fact is, there isn’t one. The decision to turn off comments (or not) ultimately depends on you and your goals.
I’ve compiled a list of blog posts below to help you make an educated decision. If you’re thinking about turning off comments, give them a read to see if it’s the right decision for you.
Why Turning Off Comments Might Be Right For You
- Why I No Longer Accept Comments
- Why Shutting Down Comments Was One of the Best Things I Did for My Blog
- Why We’re Removing Comments on Copyblogger
- Removing Blog Comments: The View So Far
- Why I Don’t Have Comments
- Turning Off Comments and Why We Will All Be Okay
- Comments Off
Why You Should Keep Comments on Your Blog
- Why I Turned Off Comments… Then Turned Them Back On
- Should I Turn Off Comments on My Blog?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Have Comments Enabled on Your Blog
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Using Blog Comments
- Why I Use Comments on My Site
A Look At Both Sides
- Debate! Should You Allow Comments on Your Blog?
- Blog Comments: Pros & Cons in the Ongoing Debate
- Should You Get Rid of Comments on Your Blog?
- Wondering if You Should Keep Comments Enabled on Your Blog?
- Should You Remove Comments From Your Blog?
What are your thoughts on the comments debate?